CONTRACT LENGTH: Desired 26 weeks
START DATE: January 29, 2018 END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development; Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Festival team with coordination and administration for all Festival Registration including: Artisan Organization and Food vendor booths as well as registration for students/teachers for Education Day.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Festival Coordinator and Operations Manager.
- Assist with the Artisan and Food Vendor information/registration process, respond to emails and inquiries;
- Prepare detailed logistical needs for registered participants;
- Review and submit accepted vendor applications to the finance for payment, updating finance on any additional fees that may have occurred on site;
- Provide the Logistics team with vendor logistical requirements; coordinate vendor booth selections and update site map as required. Assist logistics team on site with marking and load in/out of vendor spaces;
- Disseminate and collect the festival vendor survey to receive feedback and recommendations;
- All other related duties and troubleshooting as required on site.
Education Day Registration:
- Assist with the creation, dissemination and collection of Education Day registration forms
- Communicate with schools, teachers and participants as required to ensure smooth operations of Education Day
- Liaison and tracking of all related suppliers to ensure smooth and effective operations
- High School Diploma or higher level of education
- Computer literate – Google Docs, Microsoft, office equipment
- Ability to work under pressure, on various projects simultaneously and autonomously meeting deadlines, Team Player
- Professional and punctual; excellent phone and interpersonal skills; strong written and oral skills in English
- Time management, organizational and leadership skills; detailed oriented
- Valid driver’s license and French language skills are assets, but not required
The participant will be interacting with: Organizing Committee, Team members, Vendors, Exhibitors, Participants, Suppliers, VIPs and representatives from the local community.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria. To learn more about JCP, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html.