CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: January 29, 2018 END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development; Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Volunteer recruitment, screening, scheduling and management, working closely with SSIF staff to identify and fulfill the volunteer needs. Responding to day-to-day inquiries pertaining to the 2018 events.
REPORTING: Reports to and works directly with Festival Coordinator.
Responsibilities Volunteer Coordination:
- Working closely with the festival team to assess volunteer requirements;
- Recruit past volunteers, develop incentive programs, develop/coordinate new recruiting strategies to increase volunteer numbers, assist with orientation/training, maintaining communication with volunteers throughout;
- Draft volunteer working schedules; assist in the coordination and manage volunteer staff during the Festival
- Provide volunteers with a letter/note of thanks, draft a volunteer survey for feedback purposes – collect and compile results with a summary of recommendations etc.;
- Build partnerships with high schools, colleges and organizations who are potential volunteer partners;
- Provide progress updates, bring forth recommendations/concerns, and complete a final report.
Responsibilities Information Officer:
- Respond to telephone, in person, electronic enquiries and/or forward to the appropriate festival staff, update and utilize distribution lists;
- Sort incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and courier deliveries for distribution, file according to the established procedures;
- Assist with the dissemination of Festival materials to the general public, schools, organizations, etc.; distribution of promotional materials with festival staff at key marketing events (some evenings/weekends req.);
- Assist the Coordinator with the creation, distribution and collection of feedback surveys
- High School Diploma or higher level of education, Computer literate- Google Documents, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects – independently and within a team
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills – office/event experience are assets
- Excellent phone, customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, punctual
- Valid Driver’s license and bilingualism are assets but not required
INDUSTRY CONTACTS: the participant will be interacting with Festival organizers, volunteers, staff, music industry executives and members of the media, local businesses – particularly in the hospitality sector, sponsors, exhibitors, suppliers, VIP’s and representatives from the local community.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria in your cover letter. To learn more about JCP, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html.