CONTRACT LENGTH: Desired 26 weeks
START DATE: January 29, 2018 END DATE: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development; Desired end date: July 27, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the coordination and implementation of all artists programming for the Festival including visual arts pavilions, staged performances and research and development of all specialized programming.
REPORTING: Reports to and working directly with the Executive Director and Festival Coordinator.
- Assist with the development, coordination and implementation of artists, elders and traditional teachers /workshop hosts for pavilions and mainstage;
- Liaise with selected Artists, Elders and Traditional teachers to validate/confirm logistical and technical needs;
- Assist with researching and booking the various travel and accommodation needs;
- Collect photos, bios and social media links of artists, adapt, revise and utilize as necessary;
- Provide administrative support related to presentation of arts and cultural programming;
- Assist the festival coordinator in order to ensure successful arts and cultural program delivery, including creating emcee notes and stage schedules, meeting and greeting artists, providing assistance as needed during set up, take down and delivery of programming, including trouble shooting; which will require evenings and weekends leading into the festival;
- Obtain riders from performing artists, assist as liaison and help meet rider needs and schedule sound checks;
- Create, forward and collect Artist and Cultural Workshop contracts;
- Use computer word processing and spreadsheet software to prepare correspondence, reports, memos and docs;
- Identify volunteer roles to support programming needs;
- Assist in the Festival evaluation and make recommendations with the submission of annual post-event report;
- Related duties as required, providing support to event staff in the execution of their duties, including trouble shooting.
- High School Diploma or higher level of education
- Computer literate with recent experience using MS Office programs/Google Docs
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously, be a team player and leader
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal skills, excellent organizational skills, detail oriented
- Professional and punctual, creativity and flexibility; Understanding of arts presentations an asset
- Event, conference or festival planning experience is an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and bilingualism are assets but not required
The participant will be interacting with: Organizing Committees, Artists, Team Members, Sponsors, Exhibitors, Suppliers, VIPs and representatives from the local community.
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria in your cover letter. To learn more about JCP, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html.