CONTRACT LENGTH: Desired 26 weeks
Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager, assist the Festival team with coordination and administration for the festival registration including: artisan organizations, food vendor booths and registration for students/teachers for Education Day. Office Location: Westboro
- Assist with the Artisan and Food Vendor information/registration process, respond to emails and inquiries;
- Prepare detailed logistical needs for registered participants;
- Review and submit accepted vendor applications to the finance for payment, updating finance on any additional fees that may have occurred on site;
- Provide the Logistics team with vendor logistical requirements; coordinate vendor booth selections and update site map as required. Assist logistics team on site with marking and load in/out of vendor spaces;
- Disseminate and collect the festival vendor survey to receive feedback and recommendations;
- All other related duties and troubleshooting as required on site.
- Assist with the creation, dissemination and collection of Education Day registration forms
- Communicate with schools, teachers and participants as required to ensure smooth operations of Education Day
- Liaison and tracking of all related suppliers to ensure smooth and effective operations
- Creating report templates and submitting final reports with statistics and survey results
Who are you?
- You have a high school diploma or higher level of education
- You’re computer literate – Google Docs, Microsoft, office equipment
- You’re organized, work well under pressure, and take on projects simultaneously and autonomously
- You’re a people person
- You are professional and punctual; have excellent phone and interpersonal skills; strong written and oral skills in English
- If you have a driver’s license and French language skills, not required but good to know!
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time employment up to 20 hours
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000,
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years)
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario. In addition, this position offers Lynda.com office related skills courses and complimentary tickets and passes to the International Animation Film Festival.
What’s next? Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.