CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending August 23, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP application with the Province.
Summary: Reporting to and working directly under supervision of the Executive Director and the Festival’s Media Relations Company, assist with coordination and implementation of social media, PR, website updates; support design and distribution of print and online marketing tools. Office Location: Westboro
- Curate relevant content and images for festival programming and artists. Populate website and social media on weekly basis;
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts, advocating in Social Media spaces;
- Oversee/update social media content and design (i.e.: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and any blogs). Also update content and images on websites (using WordPress);
- Interact with social media users: Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews and creating opportunities for user generated content surrounding the Festival;
- Support the design and distribution of key marketing and communication materials for schools, organizations and public audiences as required;
- Assist Media/PR firm to coordinate interviews with Festival artists and organizers as required. Support Media/PR firm in hosting onsite media and capturing images and video of all Festival events;
- Creating report templates and submitting final reports with statistics and survey results
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and customer service skills with proactive/flexible nature with the ability to problem solve with excellent organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Assist with all other related duties to provide support to all event staff in execution of their duties.
Who are you?
- You have a High School Diploma and/or higher level of education with savvy social media knowledge and social media marketing incl. blogging, content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- You have functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress and design softwares such as the Adobe package.
- You have excellent creative writing skills, strong computer skills/knowledge of office programs and software (Google Docs, Microsoft); Strong written, verbal skills – proofreading skills to produce accurate and high quality work;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and on various projects – independently, limited supervision and in a team; Strong time management skills – deadline oriented and able to establish realistic time frames for deadlines;
- If you have a valid driver’s license and French language skills these will be considered as assets, but not required
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time employment up to 20 hours
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000,
- Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years)
What is offered?
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario. In addition, this position offers Lynda.com office related skills courses and complimentary tickets and passes to the International Animation Film Festival.
What’s next?Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.